Sunday, August 1, 2010

Little Boxes ... an update

A whole lot of sewing has been going on in my studio over the past couple of weeks, so here's my stash update!

Stash Update (July 17th - August, 2010):
Used:  3.43 yards, for my Schnibbles finish (again, used a Target sheet for backing, so the yardage was lower), Block #1 for the Fat Quarter Shop Designer Block of the Month, and a set of potholders for a shower gift for a family friend.  It was a great couple of weeks!

Purchased: (hubby, if you're reading, please skip down to the next paragraph ...) 15.73 yards, mainly comprised for a beautiful fat quarter bundle of Martinique and some coordinating yardage for two big projects ... more on that later ...


YTD: +55.88 yards






Over the last two weeks I finished two quilts (here and here), so I have some new projects moving into my 5 Boxes.


Box #1:
Pattern: Cherish (Poplun Patterns)
Fabric: Cherish Nature by Moda







Cherish is coming along really nicely.  After feeling like I spent so much time on my Schnibbles Contest piece, this quilt feels like it's flying together.  I had cut all the pieces out last month, and was able to get the main panel and the first of three checkerboard borders on this afternoon.  I'm hoping that the quilt will continue to go together quickly.


The pattern will be available the weekend of August 21st in my etsy shop, so stay tuned!!


Boxes #2 & #3:
Patterns: Plan C and Hot Cross from Schnibbles Times Two
Fabric: Martinique by 3 Sisters for Moda Fabrics






(thanks to Fat Quarter Shop for the pictures!!)

These two (almost) twin quilts will be going to my hubby's grandmother and her twin sister, in honor of their 80th birthday next month!  Cutting and assembly should be starting next week, so I'll try and post pictures as I go along, but I can't tell you how much I love this beautiful fabric.  I'm not sure I can stop at just two quilts!

Boxes #3 and #4, which hold Country Inn and Candy Stripes Table Runner didn't get any love last week, and with three big projects to finish in August, plus three more patterns releasing, they might be on hold until September.  I'm not giving up on them yet!!

Box #5:
Pattern: Autumn Ohio Star Table Topper
Fabric: assorted fall-ish pieces from my stash!!


I cut out all the pieces for table topper and pattern over Thanksgiving break last year, but moved on to Christmas-y stuff before putting it together.  I'll be happy to have it together ahead of time this year, so it can spend Thanksgiving on my table, not in a box with all my other fall fabric.  The pattern should be available in my etsy shop starting the second week in August!

In the meantime, though, don't forget to check out my potholders giveaway.  You can enter here!  A winner will be chosen on Saturday, August 6th! Giveaway is now closed.

No comments: