Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fat Quarter Shop Designer BOTM - Month #1


Well, it's only taken me a month and a half, but I've finally finished block #1 for the Fat Quarter Shop's Designer Block of the Month club.  I don't think it's too late to sign up, if you're still interested.

Can I just tell you right now how much I love the fabric line - 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain for Moda.  Love, love, love it!  In fact, Bear Paws and Hollyhocks had a big stack of layer cakes from this line when I was there yesterday.  Might just have to make a second trip this week to grab one before they're all gone!

Anyways, this block is titled "Gifts Under the Tree" and was designed by Gudrun Erla of G.E. Quilt Designs, and it was a great way to start off the club.  The Fat Quarter Shop is so generous with the fabric for the pattern, I think you could easily make 3 more blocks just from the leftovers!!  Now ... on to block #2!

No comments: