Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What's New?

Wow! I can't believe how long it's been. I've been so swamped with school this semester and am definitely looking forward to the holiday break!

I did take my recent 4-day weekend to catch up on some projects with all my fabulous fall fabric. My goal was to finish three projects in four days, and while I didn't quite get all of them done, I was definitely very happy to become reaquainted with my sewing machine.

Project #1 is a fall leaf table runner, featuring appliqued leaves and a colorful border. I just need to sew the binding on and then it will be listed for sale in my Etsy Shop soon! Pictures are coming tonight!

Project #2 is another fall table runner featuring a bow-tie pattern. I was planning on making a quilt with the same pattern for a Christmas gift, so I used the runner to play around with the pattern. While I'm really pleased with how it turned out, it definitely is too time-consuming for a quilt that needs to be done in a month! The runner is up for sale in my Etsy Shop for $34.99 + shipping.



Project #3 was inspired by mom, who brought her paper-piecing project over on Monday for our little sewing circle ... although I guess since there was just two of us, it was more of a sewing line...? Anyways, I designed the paper-pieced pattern myself and am planning on publishing a pattern for sale once I can get everything assembled. Here's a sneak-peak of the square. Please excuse the poor-picture quality -- I used my cell-phone camera. The colors and patterns are much more vibrant in person. Better quality pictures are on their way!!


No comments: