Monday, August 25, 2008

What's New This Week?

Things have been so crazy lately. I can hardly believe that summer is almost over, but I'm very excited that autumn is around the corner! My favorite Amador County Winery, Dobra Zemlja -- yes, a Croatian winery!!!! - just had their release party last weekend. While my hubby, Rob, and I weren't able to make it due to our packed schedule, we're looking forward to heading up the hill soon ... perhaps this upcoming 3-day weekend?


For those Sacramentans who love wine as much as I do, check out the Big Crush '08 happening October 4th and 5th in Amador County. I haven't been yet, but have heard from friends that it's an absolute blast, so we're looking forward to checking it out this year!



Ok ... on to actual quilting stuff. The Surf and Sand quilt is really coming along. Look for more pictures coming soon!



At dinner at my parents' house last week, my mom told me all about the paper piecing class she's been attending. It's a technique I've never used before, but when she showed me how it was done, I couldn't believe how easy it was! It's a great technique that creates really precise, beautiful squares, and I can't believe how many different patterns are out there!



Here is a picture of my practice square and the pattern I used:



While I really love the technique and definitely have plans for a quilt using these fabrics, they might have to be on the back burner for awhile, as I just picked up a ton of fall fabric!




I had so much fun making all my Christmas table runners last year that I decided to start early on some autum/harvest themes. More pictures coming soon!

No comments: