Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What's New?

Once again I am marveling at how long it has been since I've posted!! Once again, grad school has completely taken over my life! I can't tell you how excited I am to be nearing the end of the semester, which means more time for my hubby and pups ... and of course, my projects!

I had a super-productive winter break and was able to finish 6 quilt tops -- one for a gift for my manager and her beautiful, new baby girl, two that I actually managed to quilt and bind, and three that are just waiting for something wonderful.

So, what's new? Lots! Here's a sneak peak at what's coming down the pike for POPLUN!

**Sacramento's 10th Annual Quilt Rush Shop Hop: April 22nd - 25th, 2009**

Mom & I are off for a girls day this Friday, the 24th, to plump up our stashes! The plan is to hit up five of the ten participating stores between Grass Valley and Elk Grove.

If you're ambitious, you can visit all ten stores between Stockton, Chico and Winters to collect all ten stamps on your passport, which then becomes your raffle ticket for some really great prizes -- including a $1,000 shopping spree!!

** Online Fabric Shop Hop at http://www.fabshophop.com/**
April 1st - 30th, 2009

For those of you who don't feel like driving all over creation to feed you fabric addicition, here's a shop hop you can do in your pajama's from the comfort of your own home! Simply register your email address on the site and then hop from listed site to site -- search for the bunny logo while checking out all the great fabric and online shops out there. The more bunnies you find, the better prizes you can win!

During the March Shop Hop, I was excited to learn that I had won a gift certificate to http://www.quiltpatchlane.com/. I'm eagerly awaiting my shipment of fabric from the Henry Miller line, Dogwood by Michelle Engel Bencsko. Thank you to Gail at Quilt Patch Lane! My favorite piece in the coming shipment:




** Free-hand quilting **

Lately, I've been experimenting with free-handing quilting on my sewing machine. While I definitely am still getting the hang of it, I can't tell you how thrilled I am with the results! It is definitely a process that requires a relaxed frame of mind, but once you get into the rhythm of things, it's almost theraputic! I haven't completely finished any quilts yet, but here's a finished table runner:

For more pictures, please click here.

** New Projects **
With all of the craziness at school, I haven't a lot of time to take on large projects. So instead, I've been sneaking time to work on some quick little projects. New to the poplun store this month are .... Potholders & Washcloths!!
I have to confess ... I got the ideas for potholders from some fellow etsy shops. They just looked like such cute, quick, little projects that I couldn't resist. They're made from two layers of fabric, plus a layer of batting and a layer of Insul-bright for heat protection. Quilt them ... bind them ... and they're done! This pair took me a little under an hour to finish!


Please click here for more pictures.
I've always loved to crochet, and so these spa-inspried washclothes were fun and super-quick. They're made with 100% cotton yarn and turned out so well, I'm thinking of keeping a set or two for myself!!

For more pictures, please click here.

No comments: