Monday, April 8, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Happy Design Wall Monday!  My Garden Oasis has been on the design wall for several months now.  I love this quilt so much, but all of the little squares, angles, and bias pieces make it a bit of a beast to piece!



The top is just about finished - I just have to finish sewing the last five rows together and add a quick border - but it's so big I'm trying to decide whether to attempt it myself on my little machine, fork over the money to have a professional long arm quilter do it, or wait to do it until I have a new machine sometime in the {hopefully not too} distant future.  I really admired the work of a gal named Cathy, of Quilts by Cathy, at the Valley Quilt Guild annual show in Yuba City last month, and I'd love to explore working with her, so I'm kinda leaning that way ....

... especially since Little Man #2 is set to make his debut in no less than 3 months!  I'm hoping to put the finishing touches on Little Man #1's baby quilt this week ... probably right in time for him to move into his new, big-boy room, decorated with the Super Mario characters, per Daddy's request!

After seeing some of the amazing 8-bit Mario quilts out there - you can check out my favorites on pinterest - I'm thinking that there might be a Mario quilt {or two, just to be fair} in my future ...


{Yes, I do realize that over 5,000 individual squares, times two blankets, I might be slightly insane ... but I love it a little too much!  Definitely insane!}

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

I've been thinking about doing a Mario quilt, too. We've lost our minds.