Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday WIP

Seasons Greetings {man ... it feels weird to be saying that already!}

Sorry for the inadvertent blogging break!  Between Little Man's first birthday and party, family visiting, the Thanksgiving break, and about 1,000,001 germs that seemed to all move into our house in rapid succession, my little blog has been sorely neglected!  Rather than try and catch up on everything that's been going on, I'm just going to jump right back into the swing of things with my Wednesday WIP post.

Now, as of yesterday, my plan was to share a colossal quilt I've been working on since August, using Etchings by 3 Sisters for Moda.  The blocks have had control of my design wall for way too long, and construction seems to be limping along, at best, even though I really love the pattern and the fabric is so gorgeous!  Unfortunately, while uploading my photos this morning, I happened to notice that I pieced several of the blocks backwards.


It might look like a minor mistake from afar, but it will take quite awhile to fix and pretty much undoes all of my sewing efforts from the weekend - sigh! - so, I've decided that this quilt needs to take a break for awhile, at least until we can be friends again.

I decided, instead, to get my work space into a more festive frame of mind, and have pulled out my trusty 2010 Fat Quarter Shop Christmas BOM.  Their fabric allotment is always SO generous - I found that I had enough to make three of each of the blocks just by providing my own background print for half of them!


Luckily, the majority of the unfinished blocks are already cut, so I'm looking forward to some piece-ful sewing evenings with some good audio books.  Maybe I might even get lucky and finish in time for Christmas this year!  Fingers crossed!

No comments: