Tuesday, October 16, 2012

{More} Fall sewing

I think fall is my favorite season for sewing!  There's just something about the color palettes that make me happy and inspired to sew!

I think my favorite quilt block this year is the Carpenter Star - I love it and I've used smaller versions in several projects already, but I wanted to play around with a project that used one big block!

Available in my shop

Now, I'm usually more of a minimalist when it comes to quilting, but I decided to step out of my comfort zone with this project and went with some dense, straight line quilting around the insides of the outer blocks, and a medium-crosshatch for the inner block.  Even though burying those threads took forever, I'm thrilled with how it turned out.

available in my shop
I also managed to finish the binding on a project I started a few years ago.  I used fusible webbing and applique to create "cheater" Drunkard's Path blocks ... and named it "Hard Cider" after one of my favorite fall potables. 

available in my shop
I really love how the alternating white and color rounds give the piece a fun, art deco feel.
available in my shop

I'm linking up this week with Fabric Tuesday @ Quilt Story - be sure to stop by and check out some great projects in blogland!

Oh - and before I forget!  The pattern for Cotillion is finally available on Craftsy and Etsy.  Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Allison said...

the colors in your Carpenter Star are wonderful! and your quilting is fabulous!