Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday Evening Sew-in!

Happy Thursday!  After last week's chaos, I'm happy to say that I'm finally steroid free.  I decided to celebrate with an evening of sewing.  Hubby carted little man off to Grandma's house for kisses and I ended the house to myself for a whole four hours!  Seriously ... I think it's been almost seven months since I've been alone for more than 20 or so!

I have to admit it took me a little while to figure out what I was supposed to do with myself ... and I came out of my sewing room at least three times because I swore I heard my little sweetie crying ... But, after gloriously "wasting" some time catching up on my blog-reading (and discovering some new friends!)  I settled down for some serious sewing on this month's AYOS project.

May's project is Doc by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co:

Carrie's beautiful version!

Since the family has lots of baby boys headed our way this summer, I decided to dig into my stash of Pure by Sweetwater left over from my Puppy Dog Tails quilt ...


... for this month's project.  I've heard from my fellow Schnibblers that there has been lots of seam-ripping associated with the Card Trick block so far.  Don't get me wrong - Carrie's instructions are great ... there are just SO many little triangles ... and it's so easy to get off track!!  So, rather than try and rapidly assemble as many blocks as I could in my few precious hours, I just sat down and made two {identical} blocks.  There's something so peaceful and almost meditative about sewing just for the sake of sewing.  I'm happy to say that my two blocks were assembled without the assistance of a seam ripper, and even though I only finished two ... there was such a deep satisfaction in watching all my little corners come together perfectly.


Hope your Thursday evening has been equally as satisfying and peaceful - happy sewing!

No comments: