Monday, March 5, 2012

Opinion Needed!!

Well, despite the gorgeous weather we're having today and having my hubby home for a three day weekend, I managed to make some progress on my Southern Belle quilt!


I just have a few borders to add and I need to tweak the instructions a bit, but the pattern should {hopefully} be ready in a few weeks.  I only bought enough fabric to make a wallhanging, but as I'm looking at the photo, I'm starting to see a gorgeous bedspread.  Might have to make another version soon!  I'm linking up with Patchwork Times' Design Wall Monday, Quilt Story's Fabric Tuesday and Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday.  Be sure to visit and check out all the great WIPS!

I've spent most of my sewing time working on my English Paper Piecing - I'm loving how easily these Jewel Stars are going together, and California Girl is such a beautiful line!!!  Now that I have about ten blocks assembled though, I find myself with a dilemma: how should these be assembled?



I'm planning on using my favorite white polka dot fabric as the connecting fabric, but I can't decide whether to put the blocks together using small diamonds, or large hexagons!  Since I'm planning this as a summery throw blanket, right now I'm leaning towards using the larger hexies.  The small diamonds almost seem like they'd be better suited for a smaller project, like a wallhanging or tablerunner.  What do you think???

7 comments:

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

Since I love polka dots, I choose the 2nd option using the connecting hexagons. As a Southern Belle (1/2 truth, I'm Southern), I am really in love with your Southern Belle. I will be back to check on your progress.

Kate said...

Oooh, the Sourthern Bell Quilt is very pretty, as are your stars!

Sue Daurio said...

Your Southern Belle is beautiful!!

Erin @ MakeitSew said...

Love the Southern bell! And as for the paper piecing, I like the hexagons between the stars better :)

Krista said...

Very nice quilts. I would definitely connect with hexagons. The diamonds feel like you'd be introducing yet another shape to the mix. hexagons would mirror the centers nicely.

Cathy said...

this is really lovely!

Anjeanette said...

I'm loving the Southern Belle!