Saturday, February 25, 2012

Homemaking

For the first time since high school, I'm not working - it's a little strange to not have to worry about work responsibilities or get up and dash out the door every morning, but so far I'm loving being a stay-at-home mom and wifey.  Now that hubby and I have adapted to having our little munchkin around and said munchkin is starting to sort-of stick to a nice little schedule, I feel like I can finally start paying attention to keeping up with the household!

Photo source

Don't worry, we're not planning on starting our own little 1950's compound out here - we'd probably starve since the closest I've ever come to growing my own food is playing "Farmville" on facebook. :) - but I am going to start trying out some fun projects here on our homefront.

First up, I'm going to try making homemade laundry detergent and homemade dish soap this week.  I found both recipes on Being Creative to Keep my Sanity blog and a friend has tried both with great success!  Has anyone tried either of these "recipes" or have any pointers to share?

And ... just to be cheeky ... 


... he he he ....

No comments: