Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January Le Petite {un}FINISH{ed}

January's Le Petite project was Mon Ami by Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co ...






Despite hitting a brick wall with my first fabric choice (1974 by Moda), I was making great progress with my quilt once I decided to switch over to Aston Manor by Moda. 




This is another fabulous Carrie Nelson pattern ... however ... it requires about 400 little half-square-triangle units  With my niece arriving early and my iron deciding to crap out on me Sunday night, I just couldn't pull off a finish this month.

I'm really excited to have this one finished to hang in my dining room in time for Valentine's Day, and with the beautiful colors in this line, I think I'll be able to leave it there all the way through Easter.

I'm hoping to be able to finish sometime this week and will post pictures soon, but in the meantime, head over to The Pink Pincushion and A Quilting Life later today to check out the parade of finishers.  Can't wait to see all the projects!

No comments: