Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend Update

***Please pardon the poor picture quality. I'm not sure what happened with my uploads, but will fix them as soon as I get home***

I'm so excited!!  Look what came in the mail this weekend!!



Two of the cutest Christmas projects from Cinderberry Stitches!  I've had my eye on these patterns for quite a while now, and a great sale at Burgundy Buttons gave me the (little) incentive that I needed to finally purchase them.  I have all sorts of Christmas gifts in mind now!!!

However ... I have a number of projects that need to be finished before I can even start thinking about Christmas -- it is only the middle of August, for goodness sake!  First, however, here's my latest stash update.

Stash Update (August 1st, 2010 through August 15th, 2010):
Used:  1.86 yards went to the fabulous winners of my first giveaway.
Purchased4.38 yards, including a couple of charm packs and fat quarters of Haunted Mansion by Sanae for Moda Fabrics for a jaunty little table topper -- more on this in a minute!
YTD: 58.30

A stash updated wouldn't be completed without an update on the status of my five little boxes -- a system, which has been working GREAT for me so far!

Box #1:
Pattern: Cherish (Poplun Patterns)
Fabric: Cherish Nature by Moda


This quilt is coming along slowly, but surely.  I've been working on it mainly at my Thursday night sewing group, but don't have any new pictures to share this week.  The middle checker-board border is done, and the outer border is almost ready to put on.  Yipee!!


Box #2:
Pattern: Plan C from Schnibbles Times Two
Fabric: Martinique by 3 Sisters for Moda Fabrics



This pattern calls for a bunch of piecing, and will showcase 25 little 6" stars showcasing this great fabric line!  I can't wait to show you the finished project soon.  The pattern should be available for sale right around the beginning of September in my etsy shop.  Stay tuned for more sneak peaks!!


This quilt is HUGE!  It's finished size is a whopping 80" x 80" - which is GIANT when compared to the baby blankets I've been working lately.  I've finished and attached 3 of 5 rows, and made quite a lot of progress on piecing the 4th row tonight.  I can't wait to see the whole thing pieced.  


The pattern calls for a piano keys border, which I'm not quite crazy about, so we'll see how it will actually finish up.
Boxes #3 and #4 still have Country Inn, and Candy Stripes Table Runner.  Both of these projects are on hold until September.


Last week, Box #5 had the pieces for my upcoming pattern, Autumn Ohio Star Table Topper.  With the purchase of my Haunted Mansion charm packs, however, Autumn has been temporarily sidelined for a new Halloween table topper pattern.  Here's a sneak peak at all of the pieces!







No comments: