Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Crafting ADD ...

Hello!  My name is Shelley ... and I have crafting ADD.

Truth be told, I've had the majority of this post written for about a week and a half; however, I've been procrastinating on the posting because I was desperately hoping to have so pictures of finished projects and to be able to claim some yardage as busted.  Alas, I haven't been able to focus on a single project for more than 45 minutes before I lose interest and flit on to something else.

So ... let's get the painful part over with - remember, I'm not counting fabric as busted until the project is finished ... so don't judge me on my small numbers!

Weeks 6 & 7: 1/31 - 2/16/10
Used: .6 yards ... yes, that's "point six"
Purchased: 9.3 yards
YTD: +16.29 yards


Not doing so hot!  The "point six" yards were two finished potholders that accompanied a bread baking book for my sister-in-law's birthday, and this table runner made from more of my Northern Solitudes stash.


(picture courtesy of MC -- thank you!!)

Ok ... on to the WIP's.

First up, is the Valentine's Day project with Mom! We used charm packs from Sandy Gervais's L'Amour line, and the Four Corners Schnibbles pattern by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.  I'll be sure to post pictures from Mom's quilt as soon as she can send them, but here's the body of mine:




PS -- Did I mention that the pattern was purchased at Hancock's of Paducah, in Paducah, KY?  When Dad & I were back east, we drove through Paducah on the way to visit my aunt in Owensboro, KY.  I'm sure Dad wasn't totally thrilled with the stop, but he definitely was a good sport -- if you look closely you can see our reflections in the door! :)


 Let me tell you -- that place is the "Quilter's Mecca."  They have sooooo many bolts of fabric!  I swear, if I lived within 5 hours of that place, I'd be there at least once a month!  I'm sure my hubby is very thankful I haven't found a similar place here in California ... or Nevada, Idaho, or Oregon ...


I've been spending a lot of time, lately, working on patterns.  I have several table runner patterns that are just about ready to be listed, so keep your eyes peeled for kits and patterns coming soon.  I'm also getting ready to test three baby blanket patterns, tentatively named, "Surf Birds," "Spring Has Sprung," and "Sweet Lily" ... after my baby girl, of course!

(Lily-Bug cuddling with her doxie chew toy)

If you're interested in testing one of the patterns for me, please send me an email at: Poplun(at)gmail(dot)com and I will send you a free copy of the pattern, in return for your feedback.  More coming on these patterns soon!

I did sneak away from the studio for awhile this weekend.  Rob and I decided that we wanted to mix things up a little for Valentines, so instead of going out to dinner, we went snowshoeing at Sierra At Tahoe!  We had a blast, but it was hard work!  It definitely might become a new tradition!  We never managed to get a picture together on our adventure, so here's my "photoshopped" edition!  Gee ... it almost looks like we're holding hands!


No comments: