Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Furlough Friday!

Happy Furlough Friday to all you California state workers enjoying a day off.  To those of you unfortunate enough to have to work today, my condolences, and may the rest of the afternoon fly by!!

Lily and Luigi have spent the morning either napping in the sunshine or staring out the front window, like a pair of mini-busy-bodies, barking at anything that happens to be moving at the moment.

I've spent the morning working Valentine's Day projects, putting together a few kits, and writing patterns.

My Dad and I just got back from visiting his mom -- who lives in south-eastern Missouri -- for the week of her 94th birthday!  Grandma absolutely loved her birthday quilt.  It's now happily living on the back of her favorite chair.

Using fabric from Moda's Northern Solitude line, I just sewed some simple blocks together, trying to throw the colors together as randomly as possible.  This was a bit of a hard thing for me to do, since I usually a bit, shall we say ... "particular" ... in the way the colors, patterns, and blocks are combined.  I really wanted a happy, random, "patch-worky" quilt, and I have to say, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.




I have two Gypsy Rose Layer Cakes waiting to be played with and a partially finished Aviary baby quilt for a friend waiting in the wings ...













... but have spent the morning playing with Valentines Day fabric instead.  Mom and I are patiently awaiting a shipment of Sandy Gervais' L'Amour, due from the Fat Quarter Shop early next week, so in the meantime, I've been playing with some browns, pinks, and reds from my stash!

This morning, I just finished a "disappearing 9-patch block" tablerunner, inspired by Rachel's Christmas Table Topper Tutorial at Moda's Bake Shop.  The runner is available for sale in my etsy shop.  


I'm so happy with how it turned out, that I'm also listing several kits in the store as well, in case you'd like to make one yourself!

Finally, here is my stash-busting update!

Weeks 4 & 5: 1/17/10 - 1/23/10 & 1/24/10 - 1/30/10
Used: 1.27 yards
Purchased: 7.68 yards (yikes!)
YTD: +7.59 yards

... better get back to work!  Have a great weekend!

No comments: