Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Which Book Is On My Nightstand?

Greetings! As I enjoy books just as much as I enjoy crafting, I'm adding a new feature to my blog: "Which Book is on my Nightstand?" I'd love to hear your thoughts or recommendations on where to turn next!

I have a bit of a bad habit of starting a second or third book, if I'm having difficulties getting through the first, as is the case with Book #1:

Hubby and I loved the movie, "The Prestige." I can't tell you how many times we've watched it. Usually when a movie I really enjoy is based on a book, I can read the book and enjoy it twice as much. Unfortunately, this hasn't been the case with this book. The book isn't bad ... it just isn't captivating my attention the way that the movie did. I'd like to think that I'll finally be able to finish this book this summer -- as it's the third or fourth time I've picked it up -- but I have a feeling it might be relegated back to the bottom shelf on the book case.





I read The Time Traveler's Wife for the first time about five years ago. With the movie releasing next weekend, I had to re-read it before heading to the theater. I'm interested to see how the book translates onto the screen. The previews look really fantastic, so the movie looks promising ... or it could be a huge let down. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and will let you know after seeing the movie this weekend with Hubby -- I get one movie a year that I get to drag him to, where he is not allow to poke fun at or make snarky comments ... unless I start it first, and then it's open season. I'm hoping this won't be necessary ....


No comments: