Monday, August 10, 2009

What's New?

Wow! I can't believe how fast the summer is flying by! Hubby, pups, and I have been super busy, which is probably the main cause of my "Crafters-ADD." Because we've been flitting all over the place, most of my larger projects have been sitting idle! I have managed to get some small, fun projects accomplished here and there -- and have some larger projects that are almost ready for their debut!

Ó Ó Ó Ó Ó

Lately, on every trip into one of my local craft stores -- a (more than) weekly occurance, I assure you -- I've been stopping to thumb through the books of scrapbooking paper. While I haven't scrapbooked in years, I love all the textures, colors, and patterns. I finally had to bring some home and the results were ... greeting cards.


The cards are available for purchase at Poplun for $2.99 for a set of six cards.

Ó Ó Ó Ó Ó

I've also been experiementing with knitting this summer. It's a craft that I've never really been too fond of, but while perusing the discounted items at JoAnn's -- p.s.: if you're not on their email list, you should be, as they email out great coupons (ie. 40% off an item) every week -- I came across Learn to Knit Socks by Edie Eckman.


Now, since I can barely handle knitting and purling on two large-sized knitting needles without excessive profanity, I have no idea what possessed me to purchase this book, some beautiful grey bamboo-wool sock yarn, and not two, but four itty, bitty, little knitting needles ... but I did.

And, I'm happy to say -- much to his delight (insert sarcasm here) -- I am knitting the hubby a pair of socks to "rival" his favorites from REI. Sure, mine won't have "REI" emblazoned across the toes, but they sure will be pretty. As of the end of my lunch break, today, I have about 2 1/2" completed, although I've already had to start over three times. If the knitting gods stay with me, I should be able to post finished pictures --for at least one sock -- next week.

I already have my eye on some beautiful multi-colored yarn for my next project.

Ó Ó Ó Ó Ó

I've also started attending one of the monthly "Sew-In" nights at the Quilter's Corner here in Sacramento. The ladies were very friendly to me -- a newbie -- and it was so nice to be able to sit and sew for three hours straight! I'm definitely dragging Mom this month!

My first set of quilt patterns is almost finished, and I expect to be able to have the majority them available for sale at Poplun during the first part of September. Here's a sneak-peak of what's coming up....

In the meantime, two patterns from this collection -- the "Super Speedy Zig Zag Quilt" and the "Basket Weave Scarf -- a crochet pattern" -- should be available at Poplun by the end of August!

No comments: