Sunday, January 6, 2013

Looking forward to 2013

I've been thinking about my word for 2013 for several weeks now.  My first instinct was to go with ORGANIZE - God knows that my sewing room {and my life} could use quite a bit right now!

My first attempt was to clean up my space and organize all my fabric ... which then lead to the decision that I needed a database to keep track of my "inventory" - you know how I love my spreadsheets ... which then lead to the realization that while I adore my stash, there's no way on earth I'll ever have time to use even a fraction of the fabric I've amassed ... which resulted in the realization that perhaps I had chosen the wrong word.

Instead, maybe I needed to blatantly borrow Camille Roskelley's word of the year from several years back and go with:

Font: Pea Ellie Bellie

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that this word perfectly describes my goals for the year!
  • More process posts {and more photos!}, which will hopefully inspire more finishes.
  • More organization and mis en place, to inspire greater productivity in my shrinking sewing time.
  • More de-stashing and streamlining my workflow. 
  • Less quilt-a-longs and project clubs{as much as I love them!!}, so that I can be more focused on my projects at hand.
  • Less facebook/pinterest/time-sucking-fb-games ... because really, I hate it when I've spent an entire nap hour just clicking the mouse
So, there you have it - my goals for 2013 in a nut shell!  Coming from Poplun this year, you can also expect fabric in the Etsy Shop {finally - more on this soon}, new patterns and kits, and some of my favorite Poplun Designs quilts remade in some of the great new lines that are coming this year.  Now, I'm off to finish logging my last few boxes of fabric so that I can get on with some de-stashing!  Happy sewing!

No comments: