Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Summer!

The month of June always flies by for us - I think it's our busiest month of the year, besides December - so it really isn't a surprise that my poor sewing machine is feeling a little neglected lately.

I did manage to finally finish sewing the binding on August's table runner, "Summer Breeze."


Summer in the Sacramento area is always hot, but every once in a while we get this beautifully cooling delta breeze that blows in the gloaming, setting the perfect setting for an evening walk to the park for a little kite flying.


August's runner uses just 15 charm squares and some white yardage, so it's a great stash buster!



I made my sample using some squares from my very last Verna charm pack, so I don't have any kits to share this month, but Kate Spain's newest line, Cuzco, would be just as lovely to use ...

Snippet courtesy of Moda Fabrics - Gorgeous!!!!

The pattern is now here and here.


This week, I'm linking up with these sites.  Be sure to stop by and see all the beautiful projects in blogland!



1 comment:

Rene said...

So cute Shelley. I love the machine quilting design too!