Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Friday!

I'm hoping that you all are having just as beautiful a day as I am today!  It's a beautiful 68 degrees outside with lots of gorgeous sunshine and blue sky!

My little guy, who is still desperately trying to cut his first tooth, made it through both Target and Safeway this morning ... without a peep ... in the cart.  That's a huge step for us!

... he was just smiling before I could catch him on the camera, believe it or not ...
Now, we're just hanging at home, enjoying the breeze through open windows.  Little man is singing himself to sleep in his swing - is that just the SWEETEST sound, or what! - while I'm sipping a giant, icy-cold Diet Coke, listening to my new favorite album (loving Gotye, by the way), and updating my etsy shop.  And, to top it all off, I have a new pattern to debuting today!

Introducing ...

... Spring Has Sprung - a baby quilt pattern by Poplun Designs.

Here in Sacramento, most years we hardly have very much of a spring.  It seems like it’s rainy and blustery one day, and then spring buds seem to start busting open almost over night.  Then, the next thing you know it’s super hot and everything seems to dry up almost over night {again}!  This quilt celebrates those few gorgeous days - just like today - of newly sprung spring!

Here's all the stats:
Skill Level: Beginner

Quilt Finished Size:  39” x 39”

Quilt Fabric Requirements:
 Pink Floral print: 1 Fat Quarter
 Pink Stripe print: 1 Fat Quarter
 Green Polka Dot print: 1 Fat Quarter
 Yellow Basket-weave print: ½ yard
 Cream Background: 1 yard
 Yellow Ric Rac (½” wide): 4 yards (if desired)
 Backing & Batting: 45” x 45” piece of each

Supplies:
 Rotary Cutter, Square Rotary Ruler (with diagonals marked), and Cutting Mat
 Fabric pencil or water-soluble fabric marker
 Iron, Ironing Board, and Starch (if desired)


This pattern is currently available in .pdf form at my etsy shop.  Now I need to go and make some serious progress on my AYOS project for April!!  Happy sewing and have a beautiful weekend!



No comments: