Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Robot-y Luv!

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up some Robot Factory (by Robert Kaufman) prints ...



... in the hopes that at least one of the four little bundles of joy expected among family and friends would be a little boy.  It turns out that ALL FOUR babies are BOYS!  While part of me is dying to make something flowery and cutesy in shades of pink or aqua, but I'm also excited to dive into this fabric.  I've found two great inspirational projects to make two quilts.

First up is this cute little {scrap friendly} piece called Scrap Jar Stars by Amber @ A Little Bit Biased!

Photo belongs to Gigi's Thimble
Visit her website for a fantastic tutorial!  I'm using the patterned Robot fabric for the checkerboard squares and plan on using some coordinating solids for the star points.  So far, I've finished the star centers:


My other quilt was inspired by this Kaleidoscope Quilt-along by Jennifer @ Sugar Stitches.

Photo belongs to Sugar Stitches
Jennifer has a fantastic tutorial for making this quilt, but since it required a specific ruler called a Kaleidoscope Smart Plate ...


... that does look pretty awesome, but isn't in my crafting budget this month, I'm using my template from Fig Tree & Co's "Salt Water Taffy" quilt and making my own sort of hybrid pattern.  So far so good!


We have a busy weekend coming up, so I'm planning on burning the midnight oil -- ok, the 10:00pm oil -- to make some progress!  Hopefully, I'll have more pictures to share soon!

No comments: