Friday, February 17, 2012

Hexi Love

I love, love, love my little man, Aiden.  He really is a great kid!



Sunny personality, fantastic eater, sleeps through the night more often than not, and is usually a great napper.  This week, however, we've decided that short naps give us more play time with mom and dad ... and more opportunities to eat!  My crafty time, however, has been practically non-existent, though.  I mean, how much can I really get done in 15 minutes?

Yesterday, however, I was browsing through my favorite blogs and came across Pleasant Home's inspirational Wednesday photo gallery.  Last week Jodi was featuring a bunch of beautiful Hexi projects!  I seemed to remember playing around with paper piecing last spring, before our big move, so I did a little searching in my crafty closet, and lo and behold! One of my five boxes had a bunch of Aster Manor scraps and one finished hexi block!

So today, I used my mini-nap breaks to put together a few more hexis ... and I think I'm hooked!

Sorry for the glare ...
They're so quick to put together and I'm finding that the hand-work is very therapeutic and relaxing.  I'm not sure what these are going to be yet, but I did have to order some more fabric from the line, just to have enough to play around with!  I was lucky enough to find one single layer cake left on etsy, all the way from Canada.  Can't wait to get it next week.  In the meantime, though, we're off for a play-weekend with cousins.  Have a great weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing all the great weekend finishes out there next week.

Happy sewing!

No comments: