Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hello Old Friends

Well ... little did I know that my little four week hiatus would turn into a four month extended vacation!  But ... you see ... I really do have a reasonable excuse: our little family of two will soon be a family of THREE!

 Introducing ...


... our sweet baby boy, scheduled to arrive at the end of October.
Hubby and I have finally decided on a name (we think ...), but have also decided to be poor sports and not share with the rest of the world until the little man makes his debut.  In the meantime, Hubby has taken to calling him, "Voltron, Defender of the Uterus."  Gotta love us 80's babies. 


My side of the family, which includes hardly any 80's babies, has taken to calling him "Blaze," after St. Blasius, the patron saint of Dubrovnik, Croatia - one of the favorite stops on our large family vacation several years ago ... and the favorite topic of conversation of our squirrely male tour guide, Andrea, whose monologue mainly consisted of fabulous nuggets of information in the following format: "This is St. Blasius.  He was a saint and his name was Blasius..."


My father-in-law would prefer a strong, Spanish name for his little soccer-playing grandson.  I suggested "David Villa," but he didn't think that was too funny.  Anyone know where I can order a Spanish soccer jersey onesie with a number "7" on the back?




So ... as you can imagine, I haven't really gotten a whole lot done on the crafty front lately.  I pretty much spent the first four months of my pregnancy sleeping, and the next three months flew by so quickly that I don't even know that I could tell you what we were up to - only that it seemed that we were constantly busy.  We finally finished up with our move to the next town over (literally 2.5 miles down the road from our old neighborhood) into a great, kid-friendly, ONE-STORY, home with a fantastic backyard - and let me tell you, I don't miss climbing those stairs at our last place at all!  I think our favorite part is spending the cooler evenings outside, enjoying the delta breeze and watching our pups patrol the yard, trying to keep all the bugs and birds at bay.

I'm finally getting started on some crafty projects for the baby, plus some fun stuff on the home front, and should have some pictures to share soon.  Don't worry, the blog isn't turning into a "kiddie-gear" blog - but considering I can't sit at my sewing machine for very long before Voltron starts kicking in protest over being squished as I lean forward to cut or use the machine, I do have to warn you that the majority of my projects will probably be baby-related.  Be back soon, I promise!!

No comments: