Monday, November 1, 2010

Le Petite - October 2010

Today was the first Le Petite parade.  You can view all the submission at The Pink Pincushion or at A Quilting Life.  It was so much to see all the different interpretations and fabric choices come together from a single pattern.  We all started with Carrie Nelson's Paganini Schnibbles pattern.



The pattern included directions for four different piecing options, but I had had my eye on the pattern cover quilt for quite awhile, so that's what I opted to make, myself.  There was just something about that scalloped border!!

I purchased two Eden charm packs last spring and they seemed to be just the thing for this particular quilt.  I used the pink, yellow, purple, and white colorways, along with my favorite white-on-white floral background and came up with this:




I love how the brightly colored charm squares make the white background POP!

My initial plan for this quilt was to add a scalloped border, in white, just like Carrie's ... but once I had all the squares put together, I suddenly was having a hard time picturing the curvy border, but kept seeing a square, white border instead ... possibly with some multi-colored embroidered daisy-like flowers with a scrolly greenish vine -- perhaps a fantastic variegated matching thread?  This is just a really basic mock-up, but I think you get the jist of it.


I'm still playing around with ideas ... so this quilt top may go into hibernation for awhile until I'm sure of exactly how to finish it.

November's Le Petite project is Butter Churn by This and That Patterns. I'm think of using Awesome by Sandy Gervais to make a cheerful autumn wall hanging.  Please click on the Le Petite button on my side bar if you're interested in joining up in time fore the next parade.  Quilt pictures have to be submitted no later than November 30th.


Paganini pattern review, stash and 5 boxes update, plus new patterns should all be posted soon!!

1 comment:

Dresden Quilter said...

I love the Eden quilt.