Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pacific International Quilt Festival Favorites, Part II

One of my favorite parts of going to quilt or trade shows is getting to discover new (or at least new-to-me) fabric and pattern designers, so I thought I'd share my favorite new-to-me designer from PIQF: Verna Mosquera from the Vintage Spool.  Her applique quilt patterns are absolutely to die for!  To be honest, I would have to say that Halloween is probably my least favorite holiday - so I was really surprised that my favorite Vintage Spool patterns were BOTH Halloween pieces.  But, if Halloween isn't really your thing either, she has some gorgeous Christmas and Valentine patterns too!

Pattern #1 is a Block-Of-The-Month project aptly named "EEEK!"  All the blocks are so adorable!

(Pattern and Photo Copyright: Verna Mosquera, The Vintage Spool)
Pattern #2 is another beautiful Block-Of-The-Month project called "Happy Hauntings."
(Pattern and Photo Copyright: Verna Mosquera, The Vintage Spool)

For more yummy pictures (including close-ups of the blocks) or to order a pattern, visit the Vintage Spool website.

1 comment:

Micki said...

That BOM is just adorable...It is a wonderful quilt!
Micki