Friday, September 17, 2010

No Longer MIA ...

I can't believe that we're over half-way through September!  I feel like I just flipped the page on my calendar from July to August.  As you've probably noticed, I've been MIA lately ... but for good reasons, I promise!  Over the last six weeks or so, hubby and I have attended a wedding, a funeral, a bridal shower, a party for two very chic 80-year-old twin grandmas, hosted his-n-hers bachelor and bachelorette parties, gone camping, and travelled from California to Missouri and back again. PHEWWWWWWW!

And while I didn't find time to blog very much, I still managed to (completely) finish two large Schnibbles quilts, two good sized table toppers (about 40" square), and a new Halloween table topper pattern.

... and now I need a nap ...
(Check out my new "trimmings trash can" - it's a 9" tall plant plot shaped like a THIMBLE!!  Love it - especially since it was on clearance at JoAnn's!  It's full of the trimmings from my 4 August projects)

I'll be posting my two Schnibbles photos and reviews over the weekend, along with the new pattern and toppers, and a "little boxes" update.  I'll also be rolling out the details for Table Topper Palooza.  Check back for the scoop soon!!

In the meantime, here are my stats.  Thank goodness for Microsoft Excel to help with the calculations!!

Stash Update: (Aug. 16th through Sept. 17th, 2010)
Used: 14.418 ... biggest monthly stash-bust this year!!  Here's the breakdown:

  • 1.86 yards for the potholder giveaway

  • 1.16 yards for my Modern Haunted House table topper (pics and etsy listing coming soon!)

  • 3.016 yards for my Haunted Home table topper (pics, pattern, and etsy listing coming soon!)

  • 3.213 yards for Tita Ita's birthday quilt (Hot Cross)

  • 5.169 yards for Mama's birthday quilt (Plan C)
Purchased: 7.5 yards -- all miscellaneous Fat Quarters on sale at JoAnn's

YTD:  53.244 ... yup!  that's the first drop in my YTD numbers all year. nice.

No comments: