Monday, May 24, 2010

When it rains ....

... it pours.

I've been out of comission for awhile, thanks to the little raincloud that has been following me around for the past several weeks.


I had a huge lay-off scare at work, followed by a big pipe leak at home -- think soggy kitchen ceiling and walls, moldy pantry, latex paint-bubbles full of water, and puddles on the garage floor -- followed by a very scary car accident that left my little Honda Civic totaled ... the stress of which caused my somewhat-dormant stomach problems to resurface with a vengeance!

Now that the sun is finally coming out, it's a little easier to look back and count my blessings.  Throughout all the messiness, my hubby has been absolutely wonderful -- I don't know what I'd do without him!  My job, while still precarious, is mine for another six months -- phew!  Lennar, our builder, discovered that the leak in our house was due to a toilet that was installed incorrectly at the time of construction, and has taken full responsibility for the repairs.  To be completely honest, I expected a HUGE battle with them regarding the repairs and really expected to have to pay for everything out of pocket or take out a home-owners insurance claim, but they have been fantastic.  Really, really fantastic.  Granted, my house still looks like the quarantine scene at the end of E.T. and we had jet-engine-esque dehumdifiers and air purifies running for 7 days straight, which meant that hubby, puppsies, and I had to live in our master bedroom and eat take out 'round the clock - bottom line: the house is almost back to normal, at no expense to us!

As for my car accident, I'm still recovering.  Everyone I've talked to has said that things will take awhile.  The worst thing for me, right now, is that my right arm is still too sore to use my rotary cutter. :(  I'm hoping that tonight's embroidery class meeting will help get me somewhat back into the swing of things and that I'll have some new goodies to share with you soon!

Until then ... if you have your own personal raincloud following you around, try to embrace your inner-four-year-old-child, put on some rain boots, and go splash in the puddles and have a ball!!

No comments: