Monday, January 11, 2010

Stash-busting 2010!

I've seen a trend in some of the blogs I've been following, where bloggers are keeping track of all the fabric going in and going out of their stash in an effort to use more fabric than they buy.  After having spent some time over Christmas break organizing my stash, I've decided to jump on the bandwagon!

Luckily, you start the year off at zeros, keeping track of all fabric (quilt-top, binding, and backing) purchased and used throughout the year.  The goal is to keep your final number in the negative range -- which, I guess, should alleviate the guilt about buying new fabric, right?  I will be counting fabric as used when the project is finished -- as in ready to be sold or gifted -- which should be a big incentive to actually finish projects before starting new ones!!!!

So, without futher ado, here goes!



Week 1: 1/1/10 - 1/2/10
Used: 0 yards
Purchased: 0 yards
YTD: 0 yards

Week 2: 1/3/10 - 1/9/10
Used: 0 yards
Purchased: 0 yards
YTD: 0 yards
Week 3: 1/10/10 - 1/16/10
Used: 5.88 yards -- pictures coming soon
Purchased: 1.5 yards  5.56 yards -- found a great sale I couldn't pass up! :(
YTD: +1.88 yards

No comments: