Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Introducing: Harvest Hearth Table Runner!

The weather here has been so weird lately!  Last week it was in the lows 60's when little man and I went out for our morning walk - we actually had to go back into the house for a blanket!  This week it's been hot, hot, hot, and two nights ago we had a crazy summer storm with amazing thunder and lightening.

Photo courtesy of  US National Weather Service Sacramento California.
For days, I've been feeling like we're in this weird place between summer and fall ... so I almost laughed when I came across this project while cleaning out my craft closet!


It was a wall-hanging that was almost complete - it just needed the binding stitched to the back! Perfect for my mood: warm fall colors and plaid {which always reminds me of a Scottish Harvest Festival ... too much Diana Gabaldon, I guess} with just enough sunny sunflower prints to keep a hint of summer around!  In the space of an afternoon nap, the binding was finished and it's now living happily on our kitchen table!



So, I'd like to introduce ...


... now available in the craftsy shop!

The pattern uses 5 Fat Quarters and some yardage, which gives you more than enough fabric for both the wall-hanging and a bonus table topper.

Well - I'm off to decide whether to brave the heat from the iron and the afternoon sun in my sewing room ... or to curl up on the couch under the fan with a good book.  I have a feeling the book might win ... happy sewing!

2 comments:

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Wasn't that storm something? Up here in the foothills it was quite a show. The table topper is super cute, quite a find for a summer day.

Sara said...

Stunning table topper---very nicely done!